The “App” shall mean the software provided by InfoCons to offer tools for consumers, to be used on mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc ),
3. DATA PROTECTION
Any personal information you supply when using the App will be used by InfoCons in accordance with its
4. THE APP DESCRIPTION
4.1 The App offers you the possibility, without being mandatory, to have an account in the App. The account is usable only through the App interface. Some functions require you to have an active account, while some are available without being logged in.
4.2 By using the App, you can access the following functions, without being logged in to your account:
- Scan the barcode of food product labels and, if the product is found in the InfoCons database, learn about its ingredients, allergens, additives, calories and nutritional values
- Use the food calculator to estimate salt, sugar and calorie intake depending on the quantity you set
- Use the food calculator to estimate how much you should run, pedal or walk to burn a certain amount of calories. This function calculates the time considering an average human burns 245 Kcal per hour when continuously walking, 560 Kcal per hour when continuously pedaling and 420 Kcal per hour when continuously running.
- Scan the QR code of electrical appliances labels, built after 2019 and, if the product is found in the InfoCons database, learn about its characteristics, energy consumption, manufacturer a.s.o.
- Search through the SOS database which contains emergency and useful telephone numbers from countries throughout the entire world
- Food, non-food and other alerts, based, but not limited to the European Union alerting systems
- Receive push notifications when new information is available inside the App
- Share the app or a product
4.3 By using the App logged into your account, you can access the following extra functions:
- Set your consumption preferences so the App alerts you when a product you scan is not aligned with your choices. This is limited to the selection of markers set in the app
- Learn more details about the additives found in the products you scan
- Receive news and studies in your App Inbox
- Mark products with one, two, three, four or five stars
- Save the food products you scan in list, called Saved Products
- Analyze selections of your saved products using the features available in the said section
- File a complaint for a scanned product.
- Add missing information for products you scan and/or save
4.4 Limitations of the InfoCons database
The InfoCons Database is the product of open-source databases collected from different sources by InfoCons, information gathered by InfoCons, information collected by InfoCons volunteers through manual input.
4.5 Data validation
The data stored in the InfoCons database is verified through automatic mechanisms, that check the data against multiple sources if appliable, and manual mechanisms, where random products are checked by real people.
Because InfoCons is an independent, self-sustained, Non-Governmental Organization, a higher precent is checked through automated systems. InfoCons is not responsible and does not guarantee that the information from its database is error free and complete.
InfoCons is not responsible for the eventual changes, so we we recommend to always read the label.
4.6 Data availability
The InfoCons database might not be available in your country at times, due to restrictions and regulations imposed by governmental authorities, Internet Service Providers a.s.o.
5 PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENCE
5.1 All trademarks, copyright, database rights, and other intellectual property rights of any nature in the App together with the underlying software code are owned directly either by or by its licensors.
5.2 InfoCons hereby grants you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free revocable license to use the
6 CONDITIONS OF USE
6.1 You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf to:
(a) make and distribute copies of the App. The App is officially available in the app marketplaces of Apple (AppStore), Android (Play Store) and, respectively, Huawei (App Gallery);
(b) attempt to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange, or translate the App;
(c) or create derivative works of the App of any kind whatsoever.
6.3 You acknowledge that the terms of agreement with your respective mobile network provider (the “Mobile Provider”) will continue to apply when using the App. As a result, you may be charged by the Mobile Provider for access to network connection services for the duration of the connection while accessing the App or for any such third-party charges as may arise. You accept responsibility for any such charges that arise.
6.4 If you are not the bill payer for the mobile telephone or handheld device being used to access the App, you will be assumed to have received permission from the bill payer for using the App.
7.1 This App is available to handheld mobile devices running certain versions of Android, Apple and Huawei. InfoCons will use reasonable efforts to make the App available at all times. However, you acknowledge the App is provided on the Internet and on mobile networks, so the quality and availability of the App may be affected by factors outside’s reasonable control.
7.2 InfoCons does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for unavailability of the App or any difficulty or inability to download or access content or any other communication system failure which may result in the App being unavailable.
7.3 InfoCons will not be responsible for any support or maintenance for the App.
8. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
8.1 In order to use the App, you are required to have a compatible mobile telephone or handheld device, Internet access, and the necessary minimum specifications (the “Software Requirements”).
8.2 The Software Requirements are available in each mobile marketplace for each app version.
8.3 The version of the App software may be upgraded from time to time to add support for new functions and services.
9.1 InfoCons may terminate use of the App at any time without then notice of termination.
9.2 Upon any termination:
(a) the rights and licenses granted to you herein shall terminate;
and (b) you must cease all use of the software.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
10.1 In no event will be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your use of or access to the App, including loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties or whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability, or otherwise.
10.2 InfoCons is not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment, including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld devices, or mobile telephones, as a result of the installation or use of the App.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
To the maximum extent permitted by law, and for the avoidance of doubt, InfoCons hereby disclaims all implied warranties with regard to the App. The App and software are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
For any query, please contact at or email to [email protected]
This document was updated on 2022-10-04